Behavioral Health - Psychiatric Home Care
A leader in behavioral health case management since 1966
Who we are
Founded in 2001, Continuum Home Health began as a sister agency to Continuum of Care, an agency that has been a leader in Connecticut behavioral health case management since 1966. Over the years, we have supported and guided countless families and caregivers as they coped with difficult behavioral and psychiatric issues. It’s very likely that Continuum Home Health has assisted families in situations similar to yours.
What we do
Continuum Home Health offers experienced, comprehensive and compassionate mental health home care for patients who need behavioral or psychiatric assistance but do not require the intensity of an inpatient environment. Services are based on a comprehensive physical, psychological, mental, cognitive, family and environmental evaluation of patients in their home environment.
As part of Continuum Home Health’s collaborative approach, our experienced mental health nurses work closely with patients’ primary care physicians and psychiatrists. We also coordinate efforts with other care providers and family members who are involved with treatment. Our behavioral and psychiatric services are designed to improve patients’ quality of life, assist patients in maintaining a connection with their community, and prevent hospitalization. We provide your loved one with the best care possible while keeping you as informed and involved in the process as we are able.
Our specific behavioral health and psychiatric home care services include:
- psychiatric nursing consultation, evaluation and assessment for services
- illness and symptom management
- clinical case management
- patient and caregiver support and education related to community support options, medication, communication and coping
- medication administration, monitoring and management
Who may benefit?
Those who are most likely to benefit from Continuum Home Health’s psychiatric home care are patients who fit one or more of the following profiles or conditions
- serious and persistent mental illness, including chronic schizophrenia, depression and somatization
- anxiety or panic attacks
- if behavioral issues are related to medications or alcohol or substance abuse
- when there is moderate to high risk of repeated hospitalization
- if there is a need for monitoring of new medication
- when behavioral issues exist along with psychological problems or medical issues such as Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia
- if the patient’s family or caregivers could benefit from psychosocial support and education
Since mental and behavioral health issues are often coupled with physical problems, Continuum Home Health provides a comprehensive team approach that provides a full range of coordinated mental and physical care through a single agency. Care management may include home health aid, physical rehabilitation, social work services, skilled nursing, and administering medication.
How to contact us
Feel free to call us anytime at 203-782-3192 to discuss your needs.
To make a referral, call 203-782-3192.
Continuum Home Health serves the following Connecticut locations: New Haven, West Haven, East Haven, Branford, Guilford, Madison, North Branford, North Haven, Hamden, Wallingford, Meriden, Cheshire, Bethany, Woodbridge, Orange, Milford, Seymour, Shelton, Bridgeport, Waterbury, Prospect, Naugatuck, Beacon Falls, Ansonia, Derby.